Black Mold Removal
Black mold can have several adverse health effects. Stachybotrys chartarum, is a type of mold more widely known as “black mold” or “toxic mold.” While there are questions about the dangers of black mold, the fact is that all mold growth in your home, regardless of color or type, should be treated to prevent expensive property damage and unpleasant health symptoms. Black mold has been linked to a number of health issues, making many homeowners worried about the risks of it appearing in their house.
At Odoms Home Mold Remediation, we provide safe removal of all types of mold. If you think you have a mold problem in your home, contact us immediately. Trying to
remove the mold yourself could release spores and mycotoxins, leading to health risks. Additionally, our experts will find the source of the mold and eliminate it.
If you smell musty odors, see signs of mold, or had recent water damage, call us at 1-360-972-6466 or click below to request a mold inspection today!
How black mold forms
Like all types of mold, black mold feeds on organic materials found throughout your house, such as drywall, carpet, wood subflooring and insulation. Black mold is more common in areas prone to moisture like the basement, bathroom, and attic. There are some common misconceptions about black mold, mostly regarding the dangers of it. All mold poses health risks to a home's inhabitants, and you should get professional help if you find any type of mold in your house.
Key facts about black mold:
- Black mold is named for obvious reasons, as it is much darker than other types of mold.
- Black mold often takes longer to grow than other types and needs consistent exposure to water.
- Not all black mold is toxic, and determining whether or not black mold is toxic is only possible through testing.
- Though black mold is linked to numerous health issues, any type of mold can affect people, especially those with asthma or allergies.
- The process to remove all types of mold is the same, involving careful inspection, and remediation by trained professionals.
Protect your home with our professional mold remediation services
Mold can be dangerous if left to grow uncheck, so don't wait to address the problem. If you need black mold remediation or any other type of mold removal, call Odoms Home Mold Remediation to learn more about mold remediation cost.
We offer free estimates on all our mold remediation services.
Get a FREE Quote!